Monday, August 2, 2010

Up North Bro

Time for a change. Up north to where volcanos loom over hot spring laden beaches. ok, maybe they don't loom straight over these steamy beaches but there are beaches which they loom above.

I came to New Zealand this year after purchasing a used car at auction over the internet. The seller picked me up at the airport, drove me to a bank and then gave me the keys. It seems to be working out, the key word being SEEMS!

I am working on Mt Ruapehu, an active volcano with commercial operations. The landscape high on the mountain is bizarre. There is a lake in the summit crater steaming away at 90F with ski slopes all around it and some leading into it. You aren't suppose to go into it as it is a very sacred and unique eco-system. I however forecast that if a floating lounge chair presented itself that it just may be my ticket to enlightenment.


1 comment:

Jake Campos said...

Damn Johhny boy! Again, looks like you're finding the cream again. And again. The images are just getting better and better, too. Keep at it, start thinking of a Montana trip this winter, too, ehhhhhhhhhhhh?